Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Kayleigh Elizabeth Turpin


After two weeks I am finally going to talk about our precious new addition! Kayleigh was born on Tuesday, December 30th, 2008 at 6:13 pm. She was 6lbs 1 oz and 20 1/2 inches long. I had intended to avoid a second C section, but found out on the 29th that Kayleigh was breech. Instead of waiting a week and hoping she would turn, we just decided to opt for the C section. After Christmas the days had passed so slowly! I was so impatient to have her, and that was the motivation I needed :) It was nice having a day to prepare. I was able to wash all of our laundry and make some meals to put in the freezer.

Of course I also had a day to stress about the C section. With Ethan, I was so worried that he wouldn't survive and upset at myself for not knowing my water broke. I didn't even remember thinking about the surgery, I didn't have much time to worry about it anyway. This time I was A LOT more nervous. Everything went well, and I even felt good by the time the surgery actually started. (I threw up all through ethan's and only for a few minutes right after the spinal with this one) In fact, I felt like a million bucks by the time Doctor Rappleye came in, I wonder what they gave me! After she was born, they let Jay hold her until they finished. (They took Ethan straight to the NICU. I am grateful they took such good care of him, it was just hard not seeing him very much.) As Jay held her, all I could think is I can't believe how beautiful she is! She had so much hair and the tiniest little facial features. It is so amazing to finally see them after months of waiting, wondering what they will look like, and hoping they are okay in there! When you do finally see them, they are the most amazing thing you have ever seen :)


Jay was so cute with her. We had lots of visitors that first night with my dad, grandma and sister, and Jay's parents and brothers and sisters. After everyone left, he held her for the longest time and had a hard time talking himself into leaving her. It was such a sweet experience for me to see him with her. He is such a good dad, and I could tell he fell in love with her the first moment he saw her. He spent lots of time with Jayden and Ethan and brought them up to see Kayleigh a couple of times. Then Rachel watched them so daddy could spend some time with his new little one.
They let us go home on Friday and I was SOOO Excited! Most importantly, I missed my three favorite men. And I was so uncomfortable this time. They have started using these leg balloons with all C sections to prevent blood clots. They have to stay on your legs all night and they blow up and let out air like every minute!! It is kind of a noisy machine too. Also, I had my thermostat turned up all of the way and still I felt cold! The air circulation vent was right above my bed so I always felt this cold air swirling around me. I have never noticed that before. Needless to say, I have slept much better in my own bed, even with hungry Kayleigh.

The boys have been so great with Kayleigh. Jayden has suprised me how much he wants to take care of her. He often says he can't play with loud toys because he will wake up Kayleigh and also occasionally tells Ethan or I that we will wake the baby too :) He is always checking on her too. He will ask where she is more than once every day. He has to actually see her face too, to confirm she really is okay. He says "I can't see her eyes." Saturday, Jay took them out for some father son time and immediately when he got home Kayleigh was his first concern. He also loves to get diapers for me and help her any way he can. I love it! I hope it sticks for the long term! Ethan has been great too. He is so good at being gentle with her and softly rubs her hair. The only thing I have to tell him not to do is pull her fingers and toes. :) For some reason, he thinks that is very funny. Luckily, he is pretty soft in everything he does.

Kayleigh is such a good baby. She only cries when she wants to eat and I don't get to her fast enough. She is so small and her 3 month clothing falls off her. Jana helped me out and bought her some newborn outfits so she has some things that fit. As much as she eats I am sure she will grow into all of her other cute clothes in no time. I have really enjoyed dressing her in pink and buying frilly dresses I am not going to lie. I feel so complete right now!! I have my adorable rambunctious boys and now my sweet, dainty, beautiful little girl. (At least she's dainty for now. I'm sure the boys will tomboy her up before too long.) We are all very grateful to have her in our family.
Kayleigh meeting her cousin Cameron. He was born 1 week later (but due 5 days before her :). He was 8 lbs.

13 comments:

Melissa DeMoux said...

What a beautiful baby (an dlove the blog). Glad things are going so well for your family. Those leg balloons sound horrible, glad they didn't have that when I had my c-section.

Manda Jane Clawson said...

She is so beautiful Tara! I just love her cute little face and hair :) I loved reading how cute your boys are with her. They are such good big brothers!!

BreAna said...

She is so freakin cute. Candice was telling me how cute. That pic of Cameron and Kayleigh is so funny Cameron looks so much older than her. So stinkin cute. I am so jealous of the girl I want one so bad but you know that.lol

Erica said...

Tara, I guess I need to get off of my duff and send you those clothes! I suck. She is the most beautiful baby. She is a sweety! Congrats a thousand times!

Ben and Taryn said...

Oh Tara she is so beautiful! I'm so glad to hear everything and to see more pictures of her. And maybe they should have had those leg balloons for my regular birth. Things could be alot different for me right now.

Connie and Rob said...

There is so much love and joy in these photos! It just pours out of everyone when they look at her. I'm happy for your little family and for all of us who get to share! Thanks for sharing everyone's reactions. It makes me feel like I'm there! Love you all tons!!

Erica said...

Tara,
I am finally packaging up the clothes i have been meaning to send. Do you mostly need 0-3 or 3-6?? Love ya ....
call me or email me when you can so I can mail the right stuff.

Scrappy said...

Congratulations. She is adorable.
She is lucky to be a part of your loving family.
*Hugs*

T-Time said...

Oh my goodness Tara!! she is beautiful.... but of course she is... look at her parents and brothers.. she didn't stand a chance!!! I want to come and hold her .. can I???

Tara said...

Of course!! You are welcome anytime.

Erika said...

Kaleigh is so darn cute. I love the hair! I would love to get together soon. Jonas is sick right now but maybe a saturday coming up. Congratulations on your new addition.

Us5McEuens said...

Congratulations! Your baby girl is beautiful.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Tara~I'm so dumb! I am blaming it on pregnancy brain! I have you in my list of blog friends but forgot to add you to my google reader which is the only way I check blogs. I just happened to notice your name today! Congrats on your new baby girl! She is BEAUTIFUL!! Glad that things went well and I LOVE all her hair!!! Hope you are doing well!