Sunday, June 13, 2010

Cute kids!

I started this months ago...here is what I can remember :)

I am doing another cute things the kids have said and done post.  But I wanted to start with something my friend posted on facebook today, I thought it was so cute.  Her son and my son Jayden are good buddies.  Here's the post:  Zack:"Mom, who can I marry? Can I marry Emily?" Me:"No zack, you can'y marry your cousin." Zack:"Can I marry you then, Mom?" Me:"No Zack, you can't marry someone in your family, it has to be someone who's a friend." Zack:"Can I marry Jayden then?" (Jayden is a neighbor boy, and Zack's BFF) Me:"No zack, it has to be a GIRL who's a friend." LOL!!! 
They are pretty close pals.  Zack is Jayden's favorite person to pray for.  And of course he never understands why Zack can't come over every day after school.  Zack missed preschool yesterday and Jayden told me about it a few times and seemed so dejected :).  Kids are too cute.  He loves to go to school, loves his friends, and can't wait for kindergarten.  He is constantly amazing me with the things he understands and his desire to do good.  A couple of times he said swear words and I told them what they were and he was SO upset.  I had to explain to him that he didn't know so it isn't bad...and that I am just trying to teach him so he'll know in the future.  He likes to tell me the things he knows too and lately when I try to tell him something he says "Mommy, I already knew that."  He is very mischievious and does get into trouble, especially when his friend Zack is around.  But I love that I can trust him to be honest with me.  He will tell me after church or school..."I was a little bad today, but I will try to be good."  I also think it is funny how early they learn social things, or at least have a desire to be cool.  Jay overheard him talking to another kid and he said.  "That's my mommy, but I call her mom."

Ethan is my little story teller.  Jay is always telling the kids stories, and he has always loved to hear them.  Now he likes to tell them too.  This is just one of many he has made up for me.  First of all he always says "once upon a time" to start...so adorable.   So here it is: "Once upon a time there was a transformer.  He stepped on a tree and got hurt, and he got a sick pop, and said 'I LOVE IT!'"  His current favorite word is DESTROY!  He frequently includes it in his stories, like, "I am going to destroy megatron!  Or "optimus prime said DESTROY!" or "the monster tried to destroy me!"  Lately he likes to tie it to Jesus and I had to talk to him about that.  He said "Jesus DESTROYS people"  I had to tell him that he is nice and wouldn't do that... So now he says "Jesus can destroy people, but he wouldn't do that."  (I guess it's a small improvement.) I wish I could record how he says it, I love it.  He always uses a lower more menacing tone.  (as if he could look menacing with that sweet baby face of his)  His favorite things are super heroes.  Earlier this year spider man was all he cared about, and his most current favorite is batman.  He really likes action figures.  It's funny how they have their own favorite things.  Jayden has loved transformers seemingly from birth.  He loves to transform them and always wants to be able to do it himself.  I thought it was just because that is what he was taught to like.  But Ethan proves that isn't necessarily so :).  He also loves hats and capes, etc.  When occasionally he chooses my lingerie, or a dirty pair of Jayden's underwear and I have to take them away, he is so upset.  "but I wanted to be megatron!"  He has about four hoodies and I had to try and make sure that there was always one clean because he only wanted to wear a "hat shirt" all through the winter.  This last couple of weeks I have had to explain several times that it is too hot for them and he wasn't too happy about that.  But he has settled for baseball caps most of the time. :)

Kayleigh is going to be trouble!! She knows exactly what she wants and is very good at communicating it. She is also already a little teenager in some ways, or maybe just a typical emotional girl. She is amazing at the cold shoulder and withering stare. And when we misread her request for something and give her the wrong thing, she just throws it with a total attitude. Like, "how dare you try to give me this!"  Even though I think some of those things are cute, she also does some really cute, and nice, things too!
 Lately she really wants to be friendly.  In primary she doesn't want to sit with me, she often finds another teacher or member of the primary presidency to sit with.  And she's the same with our families too.  She has just discovered waving and loves to wave to people.  Today at church, she kept waving to a man sitting by us, trying to get his attention.  She's the best cuddler too(I am lucky enough to have three cuddlers, I am just happy about it with her because when she was younger, she NEVER wanted to.  She saw it as an attempt to force to to sleep or contain her in some way.)  I love how she lays her head on your shoulder and then holds on tight to your shoulders to really cuddle in close.  She says a lot of things too.  Hi of course, and no are really clear.  She also points down and says "boop" when I am changing her stinky diapers...so funny.  Yesterday she was meowing when Jay showed her a cat in a book.  She is such a good mimicker, she can mimick what we say pretty clearly sometimes.  I forgot to tell another cute story from several months ago.  She crawled around the corner of my bed and saw Jay at the computer and said "ieee daaeee" (translation hi daddy).

As always, I am thankful to have them and to see how amazing and wonderful they are.  They are the greatest blessing I can imagine.

No comments: