This is 25 random things about me from a tag on facebook. I just decided to copy it into my blog!
Well, since I have been tagged about 30 times, I suppose I should finally write my 25 things...Here goes...
1. I am the most paranoid person I know. I can't sleep alone in my house. I don't like going out alone at night. When I do go to the store at night I watch for anyone lurking around. Additionally, I have to admit I have occasionally run like an idiot to my car clutching my keys even in a lit parking lot. I insist that our car and house doors remain locked at all times. I was convinced I was being chased multiple times in my childhood... I could go on, but you get the idea. I always fear the possible disasters in any situations, ie: bears or forest fire while camping in the woods... someone drowning in a pool or lake...
2. I am a total homebody. I just love to be home with my husband and kids.
3. I love to cook and to eat. (this is probably not surprising to anyone :)
4. I am very forgetful. I can never find anything and even forget IMPORTANT events. I cried all night recently when I missed something that I had been looking forward to for weeks! Still I forgot it!
5. I served my mission in Mississippi.
6. I met my husband there.
7. I have a whole list of phobias:(see #1), spiders, snakes, anything crawly or slimy, bears and other large animals, heights, fire, water, newspaper, chalk boards, dirt...I know, I'm weird and I spend a lot of time avoiding stuff...
8. I am copying my sister here...I am indecisive... I can't decide which restaurant to go to or which brand or type of thing to buy. Jay and I have actually had a number of arguments over not wanting to be the one to choose where to eat out!
9. I often don't buy things because I have a hard time spending money on something unless I know I will want it forever. I buy practical things that I can see a use for, but beautification items: furniture, carpet, paint, picture frames, clothes, etc... I can never decide (see #8) which color or type I would want so I don't buy anything! If I do buy said item, I have spent a ridiculous amount of time mulling it over :)
10. I am a sucker sales and I LOVE feeling like I got a deal.
11. This also should be no surprise after reading this far, but my husband is a saint!!
12. In spite of my paranoia and indecisiveness, I am a strong and stubborn woman. If something does matter to me I DON'T back down.
13. I feel like the luckiest woman in the world.(see #11)
14. I really enjoy debating ideas, at least when no one gets their feelings hurt.
15. I like to sew, and I would love to learn to do it better.
16. I am very shy and have I difficulty with social situations.
17. If I feel comfortable with you, I will talk your ear off!!
18. I love to watch movies, especially the sappy love stories.
19. I love all kinds of music. A few of my favorites are: Rascall Flatts, Linkin Park, Pat Benatar, Van Morrison, The Supreme's, Il Divo and Josh Groban...But I could go on FOREVER!
20. I love to be outside in beautiful places: I love the mountains, and I loved it in the south in the spring when all of the bushes are blooming. Everything blooms down there!!
21. I would like to learn more about gardening so I could make my yard more beautiful.
22. I love to play sports, but I rarely do because I am terrible at them. I only have fun when I feel like nobody minds that I am terrible :)
23. I love the smell of coffee. It reminds me of my childhood cabin trips. I walk down the coffe aisle in the store just to breathe it in!
24. I wish I could be a better mom. I yell too much and I don't think I discipline correctly.
25. I love singing hymns. They remind me of my grandma Jensen and my mom. They make me feel good and I would love to memorize more of them. :)
I don't know how to tag people, so if you haven't already written one of these, I tag you!!